Squid/2.4.STABLE7 Mime-Version: 1.0
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:56:29 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

So before making the http_proxy env work, there's maybe general proxy
fixing to do, as I don't think this proxy has any weird settings...
To me this looks like the client is honoring the proxy settings but then the smolt server is failing? I'll take a closer look, I might contact you off list for a test if that's ok?

   -Mike