RFC: drop old autofoo spackages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Feb 15 16:00:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 04:44:08PM +0100, Karsten Hopp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're currently shipping several quite old automake/autoconf packages just
> to keep
> a few other old packages building. I'd like to drop the following packages:
>
> autoconf213   (8 years since the last upstream maintenance)
> automake14    (5 years since the last upstream maintenance)
> automake15    (6 years since the last upstream maintenance)
> automake16    (5 years since the last upstream maintenance)

I think we should keep them. There are still software that use those,
and also it can be very helpful when using old version of software, for
example to understand when a bug was introduced. Of course sometime
the libs are too old anyway but not everytime. Anyway it seems to
me that the best would be to get merge them and if you don't want
to maintain them orphan them, say, right after fedora 7 release. I
would volunteer to maintain them, if nobody else want.

It would still be usefull to try to remove any dependency on them.

--
Pat