Re: F7t2 and QA Meeting

Will Woods wrote:

As Jesse announced on fedora-devel-list, the code freeze for Fedora 7,
Test 2 is today (this evening, US EST).

I'm not sure when you intend to freeze the kernel for F7T2 (perhaps today?), but the current kernel -git, along with the existing rawhide 2930 and 2932 kernels (and maybe the previous one, too), won't boot from a VIA SATA 6420, 6421, or 8237A controller. I'd guess this affects a pretty good number F7 testers who use SATA on a VIA chipset motherboard.

A patch to fix the problem was accepted into the libata tree this morning, so it should show up in the mainline kernel -git soon.

Jay