Goodbye, Fedora (Limiting -devel to maintainers/contributers/etc?)

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:46:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 09:27 -0500, Tony Downey wrote:

> > Time to make fedora-devel developers/maintainers/etc only?
> >

> Wouldn't that just prove the "trolls'" assertions?
>
> I've been a RH/Fedora user since 1996.  I'd LOVE to contribute to Fedora.  I
> don't have the amount of free time, though, that I believe is necessary to
> constitute an honest effort.
>
> Having said that, I remain subscribed to the devel list in order to stay
> informed and learn.
>
> Restricting access to the mailing list would, IMO, just paint a picture of
> Fedora developers as elitists -- and I don't think that's what you're hoping
> to achieve.
>

> TD

Unless I'm mistaken, the original idea was that -devel members has to be
sponsored before given rw rights.
Being a fedora developer and/or an active -extras maintainer will just
speed things up.

I'm not saying that -devel should be limited to RH/FC/Extras members
-only-, I am saying that something must be done to improve the
signal-to-noise ratio.

- Gilboa