DVD only for Fedora "Classic" spin?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 21 16:42:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 17:33:19 +0100,
  Joachim Frieben <jfrieben at gmx.de> wrote:
> > That's excellent news when "FC7T1" e.g. did not even include "gcc".
> >
> > That's because its a desktop cd and space is not infinite.
>
> No it's a 2.5 out of 4.5 GB DVD, and there were no other spins available for users with needs going beyond a pure desktop setup.

It isn't that hard to make an everything DVD out of F7 core. You can use lftp
to mirror it, remove some redundant packages (at times there are two copies
openoffice in the repo) to get the space down, add a dummy .discinfo file
and then make a dvd iso to burn. I can't do the last step from memory, but
have a short script.
You can also use pungi to make your own install dvd. Several lists of packages
have been posted that you could use as a basis. However to do this you either
need an FC6 system with mock or F7. I am using FC5 right now, so I couldn't
use Pungi.