Re: Goodbye, Fedora

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 14:59, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Yes, that is *exactly* the kind of attitude that
> will get us above 4% market share.  Not.

Market share means nothing if we sacrifice our core values for a few more
percentage points.  Why do we care if people use Linux?  Well we want them to
use opensource software and contribute.  We want to free them from
proprietary lock in.  We want to give them freedom.  Handing them a stack of
closed source software is not the way to accomplish those goals.  All it does
is muddy the line between us in the %4, and the other guys in the
remaining %.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora