Change in ncurses in devel?

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 21 21:30:01 UTC 2007

I tried to rebuild ucblogo to use ncurses and not termcap, and got a
link error specific to the ncurses in devel. I found out that I needed
to link with cursesw instead of curses (support for wide characters).
This is because "ncurses/ncurses.h" pulls in "ncursesw/ncurses_dll.h"
instead of just "ncurses/ncurses_dll.h" as it does on FC6. The ncursesw
version adds a symbol "ospeed" absent from libcurses but present in
libcursesw?

Is this a bug, or is there a rationale behind?
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49