Re: Goodbye, Fedora

Richard Hughes wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 13:25 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I can tell you the library in question was libcom_err, and I think I
deleted it when removing e2fsprogs-libs to get around a file conflict.
But with rpm not working I couldn't reinstall the library.

So you manually removed a critical system library and wondered why
things broke? Have you ever tried randomly deleting .dll files in
Windows XP?

Richard.

Actually, this is probably a silly example, since XP has the silly-admin-avoidance-system (or whatever it's called) that would automatically restore vital .dll files upon deletion.

/Thomas