Re: Core values

On 2/23/07, Matthias Saou
<thias spam spam spam spam spam spam spam egg and spam freshrpms net>
wrote:
Eric S. Raymond wrote :

[...]
> To get these things, we certainly need market share over 30% and probably
> need market share over 50%.  We need politicians and vendors to fear
> our wrath.

This starts to sound a bit too much like your views on terrorism. Ouch.

I wouldn't have understood this comment had I not read this guy's
(ESR) blog, which was frankly kinda scary and troubling

> The Ubuntu crowd gets this.  The Fedora crowd doesn't.  That difference is
> nowhere near the only reason I'm gone, but it's a big one.

You're gone? Oh, but you didn't want to miss the fun troll-fest!!! :-)

Matthias

I hear good things about Ubuntu, and I don't really believe in distro
"wars", but just know that people like him use, and champion Ubuntu
gives me a sick feeling about it. I some times want to recommend
Ubuntu to newbies interested in Linux because I hear that it is so
user friendly, but it always seems like a bad idea after I think it
through.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud