Re: FC6 updates broken deps?

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 07:39 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> and it would give users very little awareness that something didn't get
> patched.
>
> giving them a false sense of security.

And also leave them potentially vulnerable to a larger number of issues.
In some cases, some patching is better than no patching.  If httpd
doesn't get updated for a hot zero-day exploit because of a dependency
issue with gimp and my system gets exploited, that seems like a bad
thing.

--
David Hollis <dhollis davehollis com>