Re: FC6 updates broken deps?

seth vidal wrote:
On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:15 -0500, Demond wrote:
seth vidal wrote:
The burden of a broken repo/updates should not be placed on the end user. If there is a dependency problem, then the maintainer of the repo and/or package should be notified and is responsible for fixing the problem. What good does it do for the end user?

So they can file the bug to let us know. We all make mistakes and we
need lots of people to catch them.

Also complain in all the outlets available to them that yum is broken. Perhaps we should look at an automatic/silent notification of dependency problems. This problem only really shows up when you have multiple repos that are dependant on each other or in rawhide. Rawhide is understandable but there should be someway of sparing the end user of a released Fedora 7 from these update problems. They can then concentrate on higher level bugs.

Demond