F7t2 and QA Meeting

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Feb 22 20:47:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 12:14:37PM +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> Are these libata problems the cause of my VIA based laptop not enabling
> DMA on the IDE attached HD after resume too maybe?

They might get you UDMA33 limited on resume and we seem to have a problem
with simplex handling which you are eeing and I'm working on which gets you
stuck in PIO4.

The other problem you have though is
Feb  5 09:16:08 rivendell kernel: pnp: Device 00:02 activated.
Feb  5 09:16:08 rivendell kernel: pnp: Failed to activate device 00:05.
Feb  5 09:16:08 rivendell kernel: pnp: Device 00:0a does not support activation.

Has someone compiled in both PNP BIOS and ACPI. At the moment if you do that
you get both in use which isn't allowed because the PNPBIOS code doesn't
disable itself when ACPI is live.