Re: Experimental KDE 3.80.3 specfiles

Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler <at> chello.at> writes:
>  - error='QLibrary::resolve_sys: Symbol "qt_plugin_instance" undefined
> in /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so

I found the problem: qt4 in FE6 is built without visibility support, KDE 3.80.3
enables visibility support by default. This leads to Q_DECL_EXPORT being empty
instead of __attribute__((visibility("default"))), but the plugin being built
with -fvisibility=hidden. Thus the symbol doesn't get exported.

I'll workaround this in my next KDE 4 build, and also install the plugin
properly. I'll upload the SRPMs once this is fixed.

        Kevin Kofler