Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 16:25 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> [repost]
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:17:36 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Friday 23 February 2007 07:35, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > * heavy use of Red Hat internal mailing-lists for Fedora related matters,
> >
> > This is complete BS.
> Disagree as much as you like, but please avoid the strong language.

This is not an opinion to disagree on, Jesse is simply stating that you
have the facts wrong (in colorful language...)

> > Maybe one or three messages a month pop up on internal
> > lists, and those are immediately redirected to external lists.
> Repeatedly, there have been references to relevant topics on internal
> lists, involving Fedora or Core. I've pointed out a few examples long
> ago. With regard to the Fedora Merge, most recent is this one:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-February/msg00577.html
> Now, I guess somebody will deny that it's relevant discussion. Still, you
> cannot deny that internal lists plus interal IRC plus additional forms of
> internal communication don't do a community project any good when public
> communication channels are criticised for their poor s/n ratio.

I hope you agree that a company needs internal communication channels.

Do you also object to us talking to our cube neighbours directly, rather
than using public irc ?