Re: [EPEL] EPEL -- the way forward

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 08:47 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
One idea we want to promote is making the packaging into a job role
instead of a personal side-project.  This is possible and useful where
your employer or other outside organization benefits from your package
in EPEL.  For example, your infrastructure requires package Foo be
rebuilt in EPEL.  If you make package maintenance part of your job role,
you gain:

Is your intention to preclude people that _are_ doing it as a side
project?
not preclude but join them together. I suspect the climate for EPEL will be a lot different from Extras. It'll be interesting to see if someone like IBM comes in and starts working with Joe Blow on package B because IBM needs to roll it out to 20,000 customers.

   -Mike