Re: FC6 updates broken deps?

Piotr Baranowski wrote:
> Anybody really using that stuff ?
>
> Functionality seems to be cool but any real-life scenarios of yum shell
> monkey-super-powers in action ?

One scenario I recently used it for was to install an un-signed rpm
package from a trustworthy source. It saved me having to edit
/etc/yum.conf to turn off gpgcheck and then do yum localinstall .ie :

yum shell
> config gpgcheck 0
> locallinstall /path/to/rpm/file.rpm

It really just amounts to 'yet another way to do things' I can imagine
there are more monkey-super-powers in there I have not thought of..

This is not really development discussion however, so this is where my
posting ends on this subject :)

Cheers,
Michael