Re: FC6 updates broken deps?

Panu Matilainen wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Callum Lerwick wrote:

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 22:51 +0100, dragoran wrote:
I think we should agree that yum _is_ broken here and needs to be fixed.
and no including a optional plugin won't help, the default behavior is
broken ( I would even say its a security bug)

Does anyone else have an odd feeling of deja-vu?

Yes, and a strong one at that.

This and "but it shouldn't abort when unresolvable dependencies are present" threads (among various other non-yum related ones) keep recurring every few months.

Perhaps there is a connection with the fact that yum _is_ broken?

I suggest you should study the relation between cause and effect, it's really illuminating once you learn it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/