Re: 2. Questions??

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Why not?

Is it not better for the end user to always have the latest copy?
( Less to update, Bugs fixed that were in the first release etc etc )

What logical reason does the publishing team at the Fedora-Project provide
for not providing the latest respins? ( given that respins are made every 30 days or so )

Interested in what the man/team who's in charge has to say about this.

We have limited resources. A respin requires not only the ability to merge back updates easily but also the ability to do the full QA that we do before the general releases. Doing it on a regular interval of say every month (otherwise the updates would be very large) is lot of work. There is work being done to solve these.

Distribution spin tool - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi
Automated test suite - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Beaker

The problem that respins resolve ( large number of updates for users on low bandwidth networks) can potentially be solved usually other methods

Delta RPMS - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/presto

Adding more metadata and providing the ability for users to pick only security updates for example.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UpdatesSystem

Rahul