Re: F7 Release Discussion (was Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects)

Michael Schwendt (mschwendt tmp0701 nospam arcor de) said:
> > I think we could also figure out
> > the core owners for the core packages that have broken EVR, and mail
> > them too... or I can do so manually.
>
> What is needed is a clear word that those issues are considered bugs that
> need addressing and will be fixed. It is an unthankful task for any
> contributor to spend time on filing such issues, if the tickets stay open
> for a very long time (e.g. until the affected dist will see EOL).

I state, as a member of FESCo, and as someone who has some standing
in the old Core process, that broken EVRs that prevents upgrades
are a bug, and should be fixed, and if they're still sticking around
close to relese, *will* be fixed one way or another.

Good enough?

Bill