Re: Synaptics touchpad doesn't work on a mac book pro

If appletouch isn't loaded automatically, I suspect the product ID of
your touchpad is not listed inside the appletouch driver. With the
appletouch module loaded I get this inside the output of
'cat /proc/bus/input/devices':

I think that you have found the problem. I have a Geiser IV ISO
(according to AppleUSBTrackpad.kext). The appletouch driver supports
up to Geiser III only.

I will try to add support for it.

Thanks!

Rafael