whatever happened to the Alt+F2 installer shell?

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Thu Jan 4 10:32:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 11:25 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I'm having some problems installing using current rawhide boot.iso under
> VMware. It *seems like* there could be a regression in the pcnet32
> driver or something, because it looks like the NIC is found but the
> network is down. However I cannot really look into the problem, because
> the Alt+F2 shell, that I would normally consult first to figure out what
> is going on, is blank/empty.
> Is this on purpose? I tried to search through this list, but cannot find
> anything.

I don't know at what stage you're trying this; but that shell is
normally only available once anaconda has taken over from the loader (eg
the loader first asks for keyboard and stuff and for the installer
media, then it goes to find anaconda image there (stage2.img) and only
when THAT is running will you get that shell)