Re: Fedora 7

On 1/4/07, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
It's time to bite the bullet.

There will be no more releases of Fedora Core or Fedora Extras.

Wait! Where are you going? Come back!

And, what would a release be without features. We've identified
28 features that we'd like to include in the release, available
at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/Features:

- Modify the build system to support this new paradigm
- Merge Core and Extras in source control
- Use the new pungi tool to spin all releases
- A Fedora Desktop spin
- A Fedora Server spin
- A Fedora KDE spin

So "Fedora Desktop" means "Fedora Gnome desktop" ?

- Make LiveCDs as a part of the distribution release process

Cool ! Is this installable like "Ubuntu livecd" ?

- Add the nouveau drivers for nVidia cards

"nouveau" ? :-)

- Speed up Yum and RPM

Yeah, nice

Thank you,