Re: Fedora 7

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 16:19 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Umm, isn't the Fedora supposed to become the community's distribution,
> and so isn't it up to the community to decide whether Fedora is
> "anything"-centric?

Sorry for being direct, but it's a little bit delusional to think that
just because Core + Extras is getting merged that it's now all community
controlled. In other words, I expect Red Hat employees to still be the
significant contributor for a long long time (would *love* to be proved
wrong!) and at Red Hat we have, at least, 25 times as many people
working on the GNOME than the KDE.

There's a reason most successful open source projects have benevolent
dictators and it's not all a democracy. Thanks.

     David