Fedora 7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 5 04:51:55 UTC 2007

> Josh Boyer (jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org) said:
> > > You're right, I think those writing software for Fedora and doing integration
> > > work for Fedora are the ones who will decide what centric Fedora is, and to
> > > this point, that's all been gnome/gtk, python, etc...  Do you see that
> > > changing drastically anytime soon?
> >
> > We don't know.  We haven't worked out anything yet.  For example,
> > merging the Core cabal and FESCo.  To declare anything before more
> > groundwork is completed is fairly pointless.
>
> There is a large subset of the Fedora community that has already
> stepped up and is willing to do the work for a GNOME desktop spin. Ergo,
> it's getting done. I don't see how stating that is a problem.

Neither do I.  This isn't about GNOME or KDE or WindowMaker or whatever.

My comment was more about "those writing software for Fedora and doing
integration work for Fedora are the ones who will decide what centric
Fedora is.."  I believe I took that a bit out of context and rather than
spiraling into a very long flame-war and embarrassing myself, I'll just
end it now.

josh