Fedora Core 7 - Compiz vs Beryl

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 08:07:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 01:03 -0500, Miles Lane wrote:
> GConf editor is not a desktop user's configuration system.  I'll
> consider using Compiz when there is a graphic config system.  Does
> anyone know whether someone is developing a Compiz configuration
> manager for KDE, or is Compiz considered to be solely targeted to the
> Gnome environment?

Luckily, GConf makes it extremely simple to write a configuration
editor.  Any python programmer could whip you out a configuration editor
specific to compiz in a week or less.

The problem is that configuration editors need UI love just as much as
the main application.  Have your wife/father/ten-year-old try to find a
few *specific* options in Beryl and tweak them and you'll see what I
mean.  The interface exposes all the options but it doesn't organize it
sanely.

-Toshio