Re: Fedora 7 (Everything installs)

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff ocjtech us>:
While an "everything" install may have made some sense in the pre-Extras
days, it's just silly now.  There are so many packages in Core+Extras,
many of which duplicate functionality.

Nebvertheless, there are real uses for "install everything".  Notably,
one can be working tools that are designed to audit the entire distribution.
When I test doclifter, I want the largest possible corpus of man pages to
work on.

There are easy ways to do this with yum or kickstart even now.

Rahul