Re: Fedora 7

Rex Dieter wrote:

KDE doesn't *need* fixing, it isn't broke.  Konq already (can) display as
Konqueror Web Browswer

Yes. I am aware of that which makes Jesse Keating's argument about Fedora following upstream a weak one.

IMO, the fact that other apps (and gnome) in Fedora does this
differently by abusing
Name=
vs.
GenericName=
in .desktip files is bad/wrong/silly/bug.  As long as I have any input
on it,
* KDE will not go down that road, ever.
* Packaging Guidelines should be updated highlight/avoid such abuse

I dont particular care where the bug is. Inconsistency in approach between desktop environments is probably a bug which should get fixed anyhow. I think you have mentioned earlier on a few occasions that you were planning to get the guidelines altered to avoid this problem. That should help.

Rahul