Fedora 7

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Jan 6 20:58:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 21:35 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 06 janvier 2007 à 14:38 -0500, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> > On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 20:25 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > > 1. people can not interact directly with all the upstreams Fedora
> > > builds on (do you? not just the parts you're working on but all the
> > > other bit you use).
> >
> > It's not that bad really; desktop-devel-list at gnome.org ,
> > xdg-list at freedesktop.org and so forth. Just reading people's blogs are
> > often enough.
>
> Create a Fedora Desktop Team planet then. Right now there is no
> identified Fedora Desktop Team web presence (like there was for the rh
> labs in a long-forgotten era)

That's not a bad idea at all though most of the people are on Fedora
People and Planet Gnome. Not all is good at blogging regularly, I'll
certainly admit to not being as communicative as I could be.

Perhaps just someone from the team (like jrb since he's managing the
team) should post a weekly status report about who in the team have been
up what to every week - we have this internally (as do most companies)
but it includes boring RHEL crap as well. Anyway, this person would then
be responsible for collecting status reports from non-RH people too -
that might help foster community involvement a lot. Accountability helps
or somethings. I'll poke some people about that (See: I've added jrb to
the Cc.)

(I also like how you changed to "Fedora Desktop Team" rather than the
"RH Desktop Team" I was using previously.)

> You're taking the heat for all the Fedora Desktop Team members we don't
> ever see Fedora-side, don't take it personal.

Oh, I don't (I have burn-proof pants) but I do appreciate that comment,
thanks.

Despite all the flames... getting all the kinks worked out on how the
Brave Merged World is going to look like might actually be beneficial
for the project as a whole. At the end of the day we all want the
project to be successful. And we're getting there.

      David