experimental 2.6.19 kernel preview.

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 08:47:48 UTC 2007

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 12:23:02PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
>
>  > note that this build doesn't have the fix for the mmap corruption problem
>  > which got quite a bit of attention last week.  I'll get a fixed build
>  > up there soon, but in the meantime, tread carefully with this one.
>
> I've been working on a 2.6.19 update for FC6 over the last
> few weeks, and it's starting to feel 'almost ready'.
> Before I push this out to updates-testing though, I'd rather
> have a few people 'kick the tyres' to make sure there's
> nothing really silly wrong with these.
> [...]
I installed it on my x86_64 box It boots and works fine.
But I found one regression:
lm_sensors stopped working.
sensors just displays "General parse error" (maybe a updated package is
needed)
booting into a 2.6.18 kernel solves the issue (sensors works)

one more thing (not a regression):
can you enable the ntfs read only driver in the kernel builds? the
patent issues are resolved and there is no need to recompile it every
time the kernel gets updated.