experimental 2.6.19 kernel preview.

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 09:22:34 UTC 2007

ok now tested on my core 2 duo laptop (also using x86_64).
It works fine here too but I get a weird message on boot:
[..]
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7400  @ 2.16GHz stepping 06
CPU 1: Syncing TSC to CPU 0.
CPU 1: synchronized TSC with CPU 0 (last diff 0 cycles, maxerr 728 cycles)
Brought up 2 CPUs
testing NMI watchdog ... CPU#0: NMI appears to be stuck (59->64)!
CPU#1: NMI appears to be stuck (27->32)!
time.c: Using 14.318180 MHz WALL HPET GTOD HPET timer.
time.c: Detected 2166.829 MHz processor.
sizeof(vma)=176 bytes
sizeof(page)=64 bytes
sizeof(inode)=720 bytes
sizeof(dentry)=224 bytes
sizeof(ext3inode)=968 bytes
sizeof(buffer_head)=104 bytes
sizeof(skbuff)=240 bytes
sizeof(task_struct)=1904 bytes
Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2c.
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 00.
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
migration_cost=23
[...]
what does this mean?
I don't see it with 2.6.18 and I have not seen any problems because of
it (yet)