F7 KDE spin

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 9 20:03:18 UTC 2007

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:
> As far as I remember those pull in a lot of gnome applications. It
> would be great if the KDE spin had the firefox patch to get it to use
> the KDE file browser.

If that requires building a completely separate Firefox for the KDE spin, it's
probably not going to happen.

Currently, not even openoffice.org-kde is being built and that could be done as
a separate subpackage (containing only the KDE integration bits, and requiring
the main package), unless this has regressed in OO.o 2. (It used to be a
separate package in OO.o 1.) It probably requires changes to the main
executables though, so it can't be built like some of the plugins currently in
Extras are (though I'd love to be proven wrong there ;-) ).

        Kevin Kofler