rawhide report: 20070108 changes

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 10 19:47:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:05 -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 12:41 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:44:11PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > >  > On 10.01.2007 11:51, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > >  >  >
> > >  > > So for the kernel, please do consider adjusting versioning to standard
> > >  > > Fedora practices. Pretty, pretty please!!!
> > >  >
> > >  > BTW, I put the issue onto the FESCo schedule for tomorrows meeting
> > >  > (18:00 UTC, #fedora-extras on freenode); we'll discuss the issue there.
> > >
> > > I'll be 30,000ft above the atlantic unfortunatly.
>
> > The question basically boils down to this:  are you _opposed_ to
> > changing the naming to match the guidelines, or just too busy to
> > actually do it.  And if you're opposed, why?
>
> False dichotomy. Third option is just to fix the guidelines.

Um... what?  /me is highly confused.

I asked if Dave was opposed, and if so to explain why.  If his
explanation would point out deficiencies in the guidelines, then we can
certainly address those and perhaps fix them.

Until then, I know of no problems with the guidelines themselves.  Which
leads to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)

josh