Re: plans for long term support releases?

On 1/16/07, Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 15:50:47 +0000,
  Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:

> I agree with this point. Fedora is a very aggressive distribution and
> trying to extend the lifetime by switching to a "try not to break
> anything by patching old versions" at the end of a distro life is wrong
> in my opinion.

I think it would be much better to spend effort in making upgrading Fedora
easier and safer, so that people have less desire/need to stick with old
versions of Fedora.

Also, EPEL means that RHEL and Centos can get most of the extra
packages from Fedora.  Right now, there is a choice between bleeding
edge but lots of packages, and stability and fewer ones.

- Ian