rawhide report: 20070117 changes

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jan 18 10:08:08 UTC 2007

Tomasz Kłoczko wrote :

> Dnia 17-01-2007, śro o godzinie 19:44 +0100, Matthias Saou napisał(a):
> [..]
> > This is exactly what the added "_html" on the first "rm" line takes
> > care of.
>
> Sorry. You are right :)
> Personalny I dislike any spec file with "non-standard" skeleton because
> for me allways %install begin like:
>
> %install
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> is element of standard spec skeleton as same like:
>
> %clean
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> Usually I'm not looking on first line of %install and this why I'm omit
> this ;-)

And I dislike having so much copy/paste of identical content across
spec files. For me, BuildRoot, the standard "%setup -q", removing the
buildroot before %install and in %clean as well as having the default
owner of files set to root and not the current user should all be
defaults. But that's a whole other issue :-)

> BTW: spec file in biggest FC package for openoffice.org isn't
> --short-circuit compliant because %install depends on prelink hacks in %
> build.
> Probably best prevention for maintain this kind hacks will be change in
> system macros from current:
[...]

Just file a bugzilla report, especially if the a trivial change.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.25 0.17 0.11