Re: Dump (backup utility) in FC-7 will be linked dynamically

AT> I'm going to ship dump backup utility in FC-7 only in
AT> dynamically linked version (now dump is statically linked).

I suppose the primary reasons for shipping a static dump (and, perhaps
more importantly, restore) is for emergency situations.  But these
days I can't imagine many emergency situations that aren't better
solved by booting the rescue media instead of booting single-user.
dump and restore are on the rescue media, aren't they?  (Personally I
wish the initrd could be extended to act as a rescue medium, but I
imagine that many people would object to that.)

 - J<