Fedora Tracker is in need of a new home

Brad Smith usernamenumber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:19:30 UTC 2007

> I feel your pain, unfortunately I have nothing reliable to offer. Have
> you considered moving the heavy lifting to a workstation, and just
> uploading the result to the server?

That is an interesting idea. I suppose I could update the db on my
system at home, but getting the changes to the server's db sounds...
complicated. Some ideas:

It might be a good excuse to play with mysql replication, but that
would almost certainly involve talking my hosting company into making
some changes to their configuration and there's a good chance that
won't happen.

Another option might be having the update tool just spit out a mysql
script. That'd take time I don't have at the moment, but would
probably be the simplest solution.

Any other suggestions along these lines?
--Brad