New VCS Choice; SCM SIG

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:07:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 10:20 +0100, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 02:50:15PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > == Workflow for the VCS ==
> >  * jcollie has started a page that abstracts our current workflow with
> > cvs-dist:
> >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/VersionControl/Operations
>
>  This is very minimalist list of operations, I also use:
>
>  * diff between branches
Can you give an example commandline of this?  I'm not quite sure what it
means in the context of the package SCM.

>  * diff between actual non-commited code and the latest commit
Added.

>  * check log of changes
Added.

>  We will see more typical operations when more people will contribute
>  to same source code (package), like
>
>   * remove patch
Added as Add/remove file.

>   * test new patches in private topic branch(s)
>   * merge branches
Added these two although my impression is that it wouldn't be very easy
to do this with cvs.  Are you doing this with our current SCM or is it
something you want to make sure is made easy when we change to a new
SCM?

Thanks,
Toshio