Inclusion of Grub 2 in FC7 ?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jan 23 04:21:21 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:38:47 -0600,
  Jerone Young <jerone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can take up this task. I'll put something together this week. Though
> it will be interesting to figure out a way so it does not conflict
> with current grub. This would be a good way to figure out how to get
> them to exist side by side.

I would think that using something like /boot/grub2 instead of /boot/grub
for config files and naming the executable /sbin/grub2 instead of
/sbin/grub would work OK. Once you do a set up with one of the grubs,
that one will be used for booting, and there isn't a lot you can do about
that.

The disadvantage of doing this is that down the road you will probably
want to rename grub2 as grub and there will be some pain realted to that.