Sound on ThinkPad 600X

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Tue Jan 23 15:12:26 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I have three IBM ThinkPad 600X laptops in my home. I'd like to put Fedora
on my wife's, but sound does not work after a resume (on mine, anyway).

I can get sound back by logging out (gnome-session holds the module open),
rmmod and modprobe in a console, and logging in. A work-around that a
computer user (as opposed to tech geek) should not have to endure.

There are already similar bugs in bugzilla on this topic, but should I
file another one on this particular hardware? (snd_cs46xx, I believe)

Chris