CNR on Fedora?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jan 23 19:04:52 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 12:26, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> After looking at the FAQ and screenshots on the site it doesnt appear
> they really need to collaborate beyond using the Fedora repositories+
> some proprietary packages on their own, add some metadata on top and
> present a good web/client interface. Why is that a problem for us? If we
> want to we can build add such (optional) metadata ourselves to the the
> repomd and present such a interface too. The CNR has also been under a
> Free software license for a while.
The problem i see is the Linspire enhanced software.  I take it to mean that
they will replace bits of our software with their own builds.  Which they are
free to do.  I see it being a problem when bugs come in for Linspire replaced
pieces, and the will come. Otherwise  they really are free to do as they
please.  If  all they do is add a front end  then great.

--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/Aussie\   Proud Australian