Please put pxelinux.0 in /images/pxeboot/

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Sat Jan 27 04:11:54 UTC 2007

But you do need all 3 files vmlinuz, initrd.img, & pxelinux.0
The vmlinuz & initrd.img aren't any good without pxelinux.0.
Or am I not understanding something?

It's just kind of a pain to run:
rpm2cpio syslinux-3.31-2.i386.rpm |cpio -iv --make-directories
./usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0

Why don't you just make people do mount -o loop boot.iso /media and copy off
vmlinuz and initrd.img then?  Why have pxeboot?

> > Also is there a reason that stage2.img couldn't just be loaded from the
> tftp
> > server in the first place instead of having to use NFS, ftp, or http?
> >
> > Especially if you are just doing a rescue?
>
> 70 megs is a lot to download via tftp.  Plus, it then has to be in
> memory which isn't the case for NFS
>
> Jeremy

I didn't realize that tftp put everything into memory.
Sounds like a good reason to me to not do that.
Thanks!