Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 31 15:26:26 UTC 2007

Hey guys, smolt is in a state now where it can be released and tested
by the general public.  Currently smolt-firstboot has firstboot
integration with opt in/out.  My question for the dev's is:

Do we as a community want to include this by default in Fedora 7?

For more information on smolt see:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/wiki
and
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt/wiki/Scope

Current stats can be found at:

http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/stats

You can have your machine send its stats by installing smolt with yum
and typing "smoltSendProfile"

*Note: this is not LHCP, which is going to be a much larger project.
Smolt has a much smaller scope and will ultimately (hopefully) be
replaced by LHCP when it is ready.

             -Mike