Re: Compiz Fusion?

Hikaru Amano a écrit :
> some cards doesnt require the env export (eg: nvidia) .. and for
> fglrx, it require a LD_PRELOAD to a library file from fglrx driver
> package instead (I heard XGL no longer required .. I dont have any ati
> cards , couldnt test it) ..
>
> ref: http://forums.opencompositing.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=758#p6439

To make this working compiz need to use texture copy instead of
texture_from_pixmap method[1] (because of the fact the fglrx driver
don't have support for texture_from_pixmap). That functionality can be
ported from beryl. Maybe a little patch to compiz must applied too[2]

If that's doable, I could happily forgot that nightmare Xgl review ;-)

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-June/002448.html
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-June/002446.html

Alphonse