Re: Compiz Fusion?

Alphonse Van Assche wrote:
Hikaru Amano a écrit :
some cards doesnt require the env export (eg: nvidia) .. and for
fglrx, it require a LD_PRELOAD to a library file from fglrx driver
package instead (I heard XGL no longer required .. I dont have any ati
cards , couldnt test it) ..

ref: http://forums.opencompositing.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=758#p6439

To make this working compiz need to use texture copy instead of
texture_from_pixmap method[1] (because of the fact the fglrx driver
don't have support for texture_from_pixmap). That functionality can be
ported from beryl. Maybe a little patch to compiz must applied too[2]

If that's doable, I could happily forgot that nightmare Xgl review ;-)

that should be done upstream but I doubt that david would merge this in compiz-core ... is it possible to do it as a plugin? create any required hocks to compiz and send that patch upstream.
[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-June/002448.html
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-June/002446.html

Alphonse