Inaccuracy of smolt i586 count - was 586 kernels.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 04:37:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:05:51PM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
 > On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 01:51:48PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
 > > I guess I could look at it another way, what info can I grab so its
 > > useful to the developers to make decisions about this stuff :)
 >
 > Depends what DaveJ plans for FC8
 >
 > For current rpm you want to check that
 >
 > 1.	All CPUs report family 6 or higher
 > 2.	All CPUs have the cmov flag in their cpuid capability bits

Right now, my plan for F8 is to probably revert the changes
I made so far, and reintroduce a 586 build.

Unless someone steps up to do whatever needs to change in rpm/gcc.
(The latter, I doubt is really changable without buy-in from
 the gcc community, which I expect will be opposed to changing
 defacto behaviour).

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk