http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway/SecondaryArchitectures

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 11:02:18 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 06:35:49 David Woodhouse wrote:
> If a partially-failed build gets pushed, we may have to make the
> architectures on which it failed use the _older_ version of the package,
> rather than losing the package from the repository entirely. Otherwise,
> you end up with thinks like kernel-headers going missing and screwing
> the whole system whenever a kernel fails to build. Things _used_ to work
> like this, until relatively recently.

They stopped because it led to a lot of weird package situations and mixed
results.  It was not a very good situation, it only made you /think/ you were
moving on correctly when you really weren't and should have rebuilt
everything with the new version once it was fixed anyway instead of keeping
going.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora