rawhide doesn't have suspend - is this a bug or a feature for fedora 8?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:07:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 17:54 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I see that rawhide doesn't have suspend or hibernate as an option.

Can you open a bug please.

> I have a issue with suspend in Fedora 7 (and also FC6) and that is
> that it is the only opion that doesn't popup any dialog box and it
> doesn't ask for confirmation - and it is the most "dangerous" option
> because it is usually one with most failures.

It's not dangerous, it works fine on many, many systems.

> F7 has especially this problem because suspend/resume is broken[1]&[2]
> currently and usually hitting suspend leaves users with a frozen
> system.

On your system... We're really waiting for pm-utils to be pushed from
updates-testing to updates, and also for the 2.6.22 kernel to be
packaged.

> Will there be a suspend in F8? Will there be a some dialog box asking
> for a confirmation or at least giving users some explanation that
> there is some risk involved with suspend under fedora?

Suspend and hibernate will of course be in F8, but with any unsupported
product there may be bugs early in the development cycle.

Richard,