Re: firewire (juju) (was: any chance to see kernel 2.6.22 for FC6?)

KH KH wrote:

Well the problem with 2.6.22 in Fedora Core 6 is that it will bring
some changes...
Actually eth1394.ko and libdc1394(-1) applications that are not
currently compatible with libdc1394-2 (with support for the new
firewire juju stack) will enter in regression...
Whereas users can possibly be aware of thoses regressions in Fedora 7,
some can be surprised of that in Fedora Core 6...

I don't mean we need to hold kernel update, but how can we prevent
thoses issues ?

Have you tested the kernel in updates-testing repository and confirmed that the issues still exist? Is there any bug reports on these aside from the pending package review requests you brought up? If the issues still exist we can either fix them or note it in the change log.

Rahul