firewire (juju) (was: any chance to see kernel 2.6.22 for FC6?)

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 23:15:54 UTC 2007

2007/7/17, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> KH KH wrote:
>
> > Well the problem with 2.6.22 in Fedora Core 6 is that it will bring
> > some changes...
> > Actually eth1394.ko and libdc1394(-1) applications that are not
> > currently compatible with libdc1394-2 (with support for the new
> > firewire juju stack) will enter in regression...
> > Whereas users can possibly be aware of thoses regressions in Fedora 7,
> > some can be surprised of that in Fedora Core 6...
> >
> > I don't mean we need to hold kernel update, but how can we prevent
> > thoses issues ?
>
> Have you tested the kernel in updates-testing repository and confirmed
> that the issues still exist? Is there any bug reports on these aside
> from the pending package review requests you brought up? If the issues
> still exist we can either fix them or note it in the change log.

Yes indeed i'm testing it... (eth1394.ko is not avaible anymore...)
Actually headers for juju firewire stack seems to be needed by libdc1394-2:
-----------
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I.. -Idc1394/juju -O2 -g -pipe
-Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -Wall -Wunused -MT
control.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/control.Tpo -c control.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/control.o
In file included from capture.c:35:
../juju/juju.h:23:28: error: fw-device-cdev.h: No such file or directory
capture.c:36:26: error: juju/capture.h: No such file or directory
capture.c: In function 'init_frame':
They are not provided by kernel-headers nor kernel-devel:
[root at Kwizatz noarch]# rpm -q kernel-headers
kernel-headers-2.6.22.1-15.fc6
[root at Kwizatz noarch]# rpm -ql  kernel-headers |grep juju
[root at Kwizatz noarch]# rpm -ql  kernel-devel |grep juju

Any advices ?

Nicolas (kwizart)