Re: Automating pam_keyring...

Hi.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:23:40 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> A friend scanning this mailing list asked me to pose a question;  is
> there any thought to being able to manage ssh-agent passphrases
> within gnome-keyring as well?  This would cut down on the number of
> times a password has to be entered.  Are there known challenges to
> using gnome-keyring for ssh-agent as well?

That ought to work. SSH just calls a helper process, which has to print
the keyphrase to stdout. Where it gets the keyphrase is irrelevant.

The current helpers come from openssh-askpass (which is built from
the main ssh package), so we'd have to add gnome-keyring-ssh-askpass
there.

To be honest, such a helper has been somewhere on my to-do-list
for two years at least :)